Sunday, June 6, 2010

Do you play center or forward?

Friday night I felt obligated to go dancing after Aileen bailed, her tiny friend Aimee insisted I come with her anyways. After using some San Miguel to convince myself I go spend another night in heels as I put my face on at 11pm, she picked me up and took me to a bar called Saffron for a pre-Encore drink. We sat down at a table full of people I didn't know. 10 minutes, 1 cranberry vodka later, Aimee said it was time to dance. Alright, here we go.

Encore, we were on the list again and found our table near the dj. Bottle service check, major slammers check, Filipino basketball players.....check????? Rewind. I was talking to this one guy who mentioned something about basketball, I assumed he played? He said no, he retired but that these guys all play as he pointed to the group of men standing in my blind spot. Double take. Right place right time, thank you Filipino gods for delievering Power Forward Rich Alvarez to me just for those 30 minutes.

If you could get past the cocky professional basketball player swagger he was kind of charming. The next morning I did some research and found out that he plays forward on some team in the PBA (yes, the Philippine Basketball Association) called Air 21 express (sponsor) is/was in a public relationship with some famous singer named Kyla. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment