Thursday, June 10, 2010

What up beach cottage!

I am happy to report that I'm leaving the city for the weekend! Thank god! The sound of sand, water, beach cottages and fresh air outside of the city sounds perfect right now. The rainy season has begun here in Manila. Super random sheets of rain come down unannounced really putting a kink in my pool time. Hello? Rude!

I met a Vancouver, WA naitive through Rebecca named Ryan. Seems like a cool guy, still just getting to know him but when he mentioned he was going on a diving trip off the island I asked if I could tag along and do non-diving things (like lay on the beach, read and pick up seashells....seriously that's all i want to do..) Since I am not certified to dive they probs won't let me unless I do some serious winking. But das coo, I'll....snorkel....and float?

We're staying at this place called Monarch Sands which looks more than charming, check out their bootleg website and click on accomodations. You'll get a good idea of what my "beach cottage" will look like :)

http://www.monarchsands.com/

So I fly out tomorrow on a sketchy airline and will return on Philippine's independence day; June 12th. Here is what google image is promising Dumaguete looks like;



In other news the episode of US girls I filmed two weeks ago is airing on tv here tonight! So after I teach my evening classes at the Fort and have a quick dinner in Serendra with Tanya I am rushing home to watch it!!!!! They normally post the episodes online after they air, fingers crossed maybe I'll post it if my interview isn't tooooooo awful.

Well, I have to step to it; there's underwear draped over every doorknob here, the fan is on high. Ahh the joys of air-drying your laundry....

Here's (some) the playlist I am teaching to this week;

"Your love"-Kesha; Push ups (don't judge me)
"1983"- John Mayer; barre stretch
"Wonderful"-India.Aire; barre stretch
"Somebody to love"-that little 13 yr old kid who has a bowl cut; leg work
"Turn me away (get munny)-Erykah Badu; leg stretch
"Looking through patient eyes"-PM Dawn; Core work
"Porcelain"-Moby; Core work
"Let it be me"-Ray LaMontague; Final Stretch
"Gone baby, don't be long"-Erykah Badu; Exit

I'm obvi in a big Erykah Badu phase right now as her newest album has been on repeat in my apartment so that means that the jam of MY week has to be my exit song; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78FZdyM5-PI

xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Kesha...really?

    Have so much fun lover!!! And please post the interview regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, haters gonna hate, and I HATE Ke$ha, but "Your Love" IS THE SHIT!!! It's so good.

    Also, the Biebster is unstoppable, his songs are so unbelievably catchy.

    "Gone Baby Don't be Long" uhuh, yep, okay.

    And the fact that you would play PM Dawn in Manila is just reason number 1029838947593876190283 I love you.
    xo
    Emily

    ReplyDelete