There were no more than 5 Americans on the plane spread about amongst Filipino families who seemed way too used to flying this long. Of course I was stationed next to the 2 most idiotic, embarrassing middle-aged American men on the whole plane who got drunk enough off of bud light to buy one of those portable TVs from the stewardess (they shared headphones); they loved Bad Lieutenant but didn't care for Couples Retreat. After my ears hurt from listening to too much Phonte, I tried to sleep but we only had 2 hours to go and it was meal time again. Chicken or Pork? I made the safe call. Extra soy sauce.
Waiting for baggage at MNL in 90 degree weather really makes you question where you are and what you're doing there. After not declaring the Band of Brothers DVDs I smuggled into their country I found my employer Tanya (25yr old adorable Filipino woman) waving furiously with her 17-yr old sister. Cute. I made it.
The driver takes us to my apartment; baller status. Tower 5, 10th floor, Pool, Tennis courts. After we had Kebabs down the street Tanya took me to her prized barre3 studio down the street. Gorgeous and inspiring. I start teaching tomorrow.
She asked, so what else do you want to do while you're here? (I already had my answers to this)
1. Dance lessons (She didn't ask what kind, and I didn't tell her 'Step up 2 the Streets'-kind)
2. Yoga (easy)
3. Volunteer w/kids (this seemed like a weird concept but she said we probably have that here)
Woke up at 5am here, accident, frantically turned on my tv searching for some b-ball. Currently watching Chicago beat Lebron in the 2nd. Grocery shopping next then studio and a massage to follow. Who's life is this again?
Here's my apartment;
No comments:
Post a Comment