Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pie-lah-tays


Arrived at the Honolulu airport in the standard black northface/spandex; MISTAKE. The surprisingly muggy climate was welcoming.

Weighed the options of cab vs. shuttle and chose shuttle. Best moment of that 30-minute ride; the driver was bumping Boyz II Men ("Down on Bended Knee". Believe it)

Dropped off at my hotel "Aqua Palms and Spa" the name along with the website had been promising BIG things. I show up and get my "ocean room" room on the ....3rd floor? Wait, no, this can't be right. I walk in (to a door) find a bed and my balcony which looks over the "rooftop" pool on the 2nd floor. SLAP CUT BANG. Back to lobby. Got new room on 8th floor. Holla. I can (kind of barely) see the gorgeous ocean but that's all that matters, seriously.

Found the beach, got a few rays before it was game time; Blazers vs. Suns Game 2 (if you saw this game just close your eyes for this part). I found a spot showing multiple play-off games. 17/20 screens were obvs showing OKC/LAL but I managed to snag myself a 4-person table RIGHT in front of rip city being down 10 in the 2nd. As they continued to lose my waiter continued to check in with me and make comments like, "Man, ouch, wow, yikes!" After finishing the Blue Moon he served me which was way larger than my head to a soundtrack of the god awful Ke$ha track blasted on repeat, he brought me my next beer on him, "it's the least I could do" That's how bad the blazers lost I guess; waiters in Hawaii bringing me beers to drown my sorrows.

5 minutes left in the game, Blazers down....26? I lost count. Waiter comes over again; "Soooo, you're gonna need a shot soon?!?" I laughed uncomfortably (again) and said nah brah just the check. He was way too anxious to be BFF's.

Post loss, I shook off my blazer worries w/ a Hawaiian sunset. You know, the whole sha-bang; barefoot walk in the tide. Took a picture for another adorable Japanese couple and headed back the luxurious "Palms"

Tomorrow? Manila! 9hours to read more Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang, yessssssssss

No comments:

Post a Comment