It is Sunday here, I taught the 9am this morning at the Fort where clients are beginning to get used to my "fast" American class. Maybe it's just all the Kid Cudi and Crystal Waters that is throwing them for a loop. They should thank their lucky stars I'm not playing Girl Talk, god they would freak.
After classes I hit up MM in search of an alarm clock (found one for 100pesos that seriously looks like a children's toy...I asked her for one with a radio and she laughed at me....damn...toy alarm clock it is then) I have found the outdoor organic fruit and vegetable stands which I cannot wait to explore tomorrow for some real produce and maybe I'll get another coconut cracked open for some electrolytes tomorrow.
(Side note: BLAZER NATION! When I woke up this morning I was mopey that I had missed the whole game since it started at 4:30am here until I go onto ESPN.com and realized that we were WINNING with 1 second left in the 4th quarter. Tripped over to the TV sans glasses to see that B-Roy had made a sneaky cameo in the game? Ugh, best way to start my day. The replay comes on in an hour. Holler)
The other thing I managed to snag today were some BOOTLEG dvds. The stand outside MM was "But 1, Take 1" which I'll assume means "Buy 1, Get 1 free" but way more bootleg. Ok, so I copped Sin City (never seen whole thing, love Benicio) and coughstepup2thestreetscough.
Ain't no shame in this game.
Post afternoon jet-lag nap (which was loudly interrupted via doorbell by two sketch Filipino guys asking for my cable payment-felt very much like they were casing the joint) I taught another class at the Fort and got yet another iced latte. This place is boiling.
OH, I almost forgot Tanya and her family (aka the homies) took me to the movies last night! I was pretty excited. Her mom, dad, brother, sister, aunt, boyfriend and I all hit up Makati for a Saturday night movie. There was something strangely comforting about a huge air conditioned movie theater and popcorn (until Tanya's bf told me it was BBQ flavored, say what?) We saw The Losers (better than expected but still predictable. Violently comedic) Did you know they have assigned seats in movie theaters here? Just so on top of things.
Here's Makati, 15 minutes max from where I live. Business district basically; crackin
Loving your blog boo. Sounds like things are going pretty sweet! I emailed my friend steve to see what kind of suggestos he has for shit to do there.
ReplyDeleteso proud of you for doing all this! I remember when I was in Chile going to the movies was one of the most relaxing things to do... saw the Davinci Code while I was there I think?
I think if I was in your shoes I would probably watch step up 2 the streets on a very regular basis. Oh wait... I already do. Did you know they're making step up 3 in 3D?!?!? Beleedat.
Also, why does barre3 always have a 3 at the end? Lemme google that...
dang just watched a short vid of sadie she is BOMB is this workout all she says it is? are you just in the best shape of your life?
ReplyDeleteI'm on that spinning and yoga tip right now... but I'm PSYCHED to try this shit when I'm in Portland over the summer! Hopefully by then I'll already have a bod like sexy sadie.
they had assigned seating in Israel movie theatres too... Never really got used to that.
ReplyDelete