Friday, May 14, 2010

Mango Margs, Miley and Ma$e

Yesterday was Friday; my day off. I woke up feeling detoxified from the previous night's infrared sauna/deep tissue massage. Pool time in the afternoon; there are these Brazilians-at least I think they're Brazilian-who lounge by the pool next to me everyday. Very very skinny good looking foreigners who splash each other all afternoon. Super bizarre. One of them kind of resembles Dr. Troy from Nip/Tuck which is my dream BUT his florescent speedo and trampstamp have persuaded me otherwise...

Last night Aileen (Tanya's aunt) and I had dinner/movie plans w/potential dancing. Her driver picked me up and took me to the Tan house (where Tanya and her family live, baller status). On the way there a Filipino radio station was bumping D'Angelo "Lady"-I started to feel at home in Asia finally.

Aileen took me out to dinner at (shockingly) Chili's. Yes, that Chili's. I had never been to one before last night. Aileen said she wanted to go there b/c she was in the mood for a salad? Whatevs they had bottomless margs and basketball was playing. After loading up on carbs and the best/first MANGO MARGARITA I have ever had in my life we hit the movie theater for coughmileycyrusmoviecough. Ok, yes I might have seen 'The Last Song' last night. It's exactly what you think it is; a really really shitty version of the notebook. It followed the same equation to a T; 2 attractive young kids, from different economical backgrounds, rain scene, beach scene, fight scene etc. The only difference was Miley's snaggle tooth and Ryan Gosling is way way better looking than whatshisface.

Post Miley we went to a nightclub called Encore, which is actually super close to my apt in the Fort. We were on "the list" and had a table. Jesus, I had no idea this trip would be so VIP-I don't own enough heels to support this lifestyle. Once we got stamped and searched-Aileen said we had a choice between their 2 dance-floors; Trance or Hiphop. Pshhhhh-Are you kidding me? Easiest decision of my life.

The DJ was a joke but he played some cuts; Mo Money Mo Problems, Pop Champagne, Rude Boy etc. It was a crazy mix of clubbers from the Philippines, Middle East and America. I found out there is no drinking age therefore no age minimum at nightclubs (easy Purcell)...So that is something to get used to. I denied all dance invites for the night and focused on my vodkaredbull and not slipping on spilled champagne. It had been months since I had gone out dancing (at the Goodfoot), Stella's tryna get her groove back; one dance floor at a time.

My birthday is a week from TODAY.

Today I'm stopping by the studio to meet the new instructors in training and tell them not to play any black eyed peas in class and then going shopping at Greenbelt for the afternoon..followed by a potentially fun evening out with a client from Ohio at the Ayala museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment